|NANOPOROUS IRON OXIDE (NIO)|
|World's FASTEST Commercial Iron-Based Water Pollution Adsorbent*|
|*CLAIM BASIS [12/2018]: Did we buy every iron-based sorbent in the World and independently test each one? No. Instead, we bought the 3 highest-capacity iron-based sorbents we could find (including 1 NSF/ANSI Certified sorbent), and side-by-side performance tested all 3 against NIO using pollution source-point concentrations (>20mg/L) of phosphate (phosphate being a main ingredient in stormwater pollution). All 3 high-capacity sorbents tested FAILED to achieve even 1% phosphate remediation in 48+ hours. NIO achieved 100% phosphate remediation in 60 minutes. Skeptical? View the video below.|
|UNDER THE HOOD: where NIO gets its REMEDIATION SPEED|
Originally sourced from USAF SBIR technology, NIO is a military-grade adsorbent built for speed. NIO's particle size range is 3-96 microns;
+/- 1,000X larger than nanoparticles. Like nanoparticles, NIO's high reactivity (BET Surface Area = +/- 250 m2/gram) is due to
its concurrent micro + meso porosity. Unlike nanoparticles, NIO can safely be restrained using micron aperture membranes.
All this would be meaningless to industry if NIO wasn't economical. With manufacturing economies of scale, NIO can be scaled down to +/- 25% of the cost of iron oxide nanoparticles.
Want even more remediation speed + capacity? Add Accelerant Pellets to your NIO order. Accelerant Pellets (1) increase NIO's remediation speed + capacity up to 15%, (2) quadruples NIO's product shelf-life, and (3) are nominally priced.
|NANOTECHNOLOGY: Nanoporosity vs. Nanoparticles|
|NIO has the same reactivity as nanoparticle iron oxide, but without nanoparticle's safety hazards (nanoparticles can permeate human tissue with unknown biological consequences), unrecoverability (nanoparticles, once introduced into polluted water, are logistically impossible to recover [leaving polluted water in a worse state than it was in prior to introduction of nanoparticles]), and high cost (+/- $350/lb).|
|Remediates SOURCE-POINT Concentrations of TOXIC HEAVY METALS, PHOSPHATES & EMERGING POLLUTANTS** at OFF-THE-CHART SPEEDS|
** PATENT 9,504,954 B2; other patents pending.
In Water Pollution Remediation, generally the larger the particle being targeted, the easier and cheaper it is to remediate. So what are the most difficult and costly toxins to remediate? One answer: dissolved toxins.
Ultra-concentrated NIO remediates dissolved toxic heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, lead, nickel, and possibly mercury), phosphate (algae blooms, red tides and stormwater pollution), and emerging pollutants** at off-the-chart speeds. NIO is a "polishing" sorbent, meaning that (1) it's often one of a multi-step method used to remediate polluted water, and (2) it's usually positioned at (or near) the final process of the multi-step method.
|NIO Remediation INSTRUCTIONS + Other APPLICATIONS|
(1) Recommended for Settling Tank use only. NOT recommended for aquarium, cartridge filter or membrane filter use.
(2) NIO degrades when exposed to air. Do NOT open NIO jar until ready to apply NIO.
(3) If NIO Accelerant Pellets purchased, sieve-out Accelerant Pellets before using NIO.
(4) Recommended Mix Ratio = 1 gram NIO to 20 liters polluted water. Adjust mix ratio if needed.
(5) Stir NIO into Polluted Water for 5 minutes.
(6) After 5 minutes, allow 60 minutes for NIO to settle to bottom of tank.
(7) After 60 minutes, slowly draw off water from top of tank, so not to disturb NIO resting at bottom of tank. If drawing from the bottom of the tank, attempt to capture 100% of NIO.
(8) NOTE: Do not allow NIO to remain in settling tank longer than 3 hours after NIO has settled to bottom of tank. After 4 hours in tank, NIO begins slowly dissolving, releasing remediated toxins back into the water.
(9) OTHER APPLICATIONS: Cosmetics, Lubricants, Petroleum Refining (Desulphurization), Rubber + Tire Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, and Sharpening/Polishing applications.
|Pricing Options: 100 grams / 200 grams / Larger Orders|
PRICING + ORDERING:
(1) NIO is made-to-order in small batches to assure highest possible quality.
(2) NIO Orders normally require 2-3 weeks lead time to produce & ship. Lead times are longer when existing unprocessed orders are already in queue.
(3) 100 grams of NIO treats +/- 500 gallons of polluted water and costs $50.00. Add Accelerant Pellets for $1.00 more.
(4) 200 grams of NIO treats +/- 1,000 gallons of polluted water and costs $85.00. Add Accelerant Pellets for $1.50 more.
(5) Shipping & handling charges extra.
(6) Larger order? Request a quote by clicking HERE.
(7) To initiate a order and get on our production schedule, submit an email request by clicking "Buy Now" button below.